Novotel Sheffield Centre Hotel
50 Arundel Gate
- Allied health professionals (AHPs) / Paediatric trainees - £145
- RCPCH members - £155
- Non RCPCH members - £205
The course includes an introduction to educational supervision, updates on the new RCPCH assessment and workshops on career advice, supporting doctors in difficulty, managing the able trainee, as well as, giving constructive feedback. The course, led by our expert faculty, is dynamic, interactive and engaging with ample opportunity for delegate participation.
This course will develop your skills, knowledge and confidence as an effective educational supervisor, and meet the GMC’s training requirements for supervisors.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss the role and requirements of an educational supervisor, and describe how this differs from clinical supervision
- Prepare and conduct an effective educational supervision session for trainees
- Identify examples of formative and summative assessment, and outline the difference between these
- Explain the role of RCPCH ePortfolio and RCPCH Progress Curriculum in the assessment of training
- Assess trainees’ learning needs using the RCPCH assessment strategy
- Apply an appropriate framework to conduct effective career discussions with trainees
- Identify the trainee who is in difficulty and outline the support available to help trainees with poor performance
- Identify the trainee who is excelling and provide appropriate educational, pastoral and professional support
- Employ appropriate techniques for giving feedback constructively to trainees
- Recognise the importance of reflective practice for educational supervisors
ST 7 - 8 paediatric trainees, SAS and paediatric consultants (members and non-members)
An excellent course which every supervisor should attend. It highlights the roles and responsibilities of a supervisor, allowing the supervisor to support the trainees to get the best out of them.