Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
5-11 Theobalds Road
- RCPCH members - Consultants - £190
- RCPCH members - Trainees - £150
- SAS doctors, AHPs & Nurses - £150
- Non-RCPCH members - £250
"Very thorough and informative."
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Investigate and diagnose common benign paediatric haematology problems in children.
- Describe normal and abnormal neonatal haematology.
- Outline the treatment options for children with acquired and inherited anaemias including iron deficiency, thalassaemia, and sickle cell disease.
- Discuss the investigation and management of immune thrombocytopenic purpura.
- Describe the investigation and principles of management of children with abnormal blood clotting, including children with bruising, abnormal bleeding and thrombosis.
- Develop an approach to investigating and managing children with unexplained low neutrophil counts.
Who is this course for?
This course has been designed for paediatric trainees, SAS doctors and newly qualified consultants, as well as general paediatricians practicing in DGHs and
"Pitched at the right level for general paediatricians."