5-11 Theobalds Road
- RCPCH members - Consultants - £190
- RCPCH members - Trainees - £150
- SAS doctors, allied health professionals (AHPs) and nurses - £150
- Non-RCPCH members - £250
I found the teaching on attachment very useful. The formulation is helpful in thinking about how to communicate well with families. Understanding more about parenting courses was also beneficial.
- Understand the role of the community paediatrician in safeguarding and promoting the mental health of all children and young people.
- Offer advice on behavioural difficulties to parents and young people.
- Develop strategies and skills to engage parents of children with emotional or mental health difficulties.
- Enquire about and detect mental health problems in children and young people with neurodevelopmental problems.
- Discuss the use of formulation vs diagnosis in assessing mental health difficulties
Who is this course for?
Paediatric trainees, SAS doctors, consultants and allied health professionals (AHPs) with an interest in mental health.
It will be particularly useful for senior trainees, new consultants, and SAS doctors, although anyone working in community paediatrics is more than welcome.