5-11 Theobalds Road
- RCPCH members - Consultants - £190
- RCPCH members - Trainees - £150
- SAS doctors, AHPs & Nurses - £150
- Non-RCPCH members - £250
The speakers were passionate and enthusiastic about improving the care of children with epilepsy and were contagious.
The investigation and treatment of epilepsies has become more complicated and challenging; this reflects major advances in neuro-imaging and molecular genetics, choice of medication and earlier treatment with surgery and dietary-manipulation. Finally, the holistic and personalised management of children with an epilepsy is often fragmented and poorly-organised.
This first course on the paediatric epilepsies in our Progressing Paediatrics course series will provide attendees with a state-of-the-art review and update, and help to de-code much of their enigma.
The course will be delivered by clinicians with extensive experience and passion about the paediatric epilepsies, including service development and delivery.
Learning aims, objectives and outcomes
- Discuss the importance of seizure recognition and the seizure and syndrome classifications
- Identify the appropriate use of investigations in the epilepsies (EEG / MRI / Genetic analyses)
- Distinguish the treatment choices including medication, surgery and the ketogenic diet
- Use the NICE quality standard statements regarding the comprehensive care of epilepsies
- Demonstrate insight into the challenges arising from the management of complex epilepsies of childhood
General and Community Paediatricians, Paediatric Trainees, Epilepsy Specialist Nurses and AHPs involved in the care of children with seizures and epilepsies.
Very clear presentations from experts of the most up-to-date guidance. This is one of the best courses that I have attended and I will be recommending it to my colleagues.