Free of charge
This webinar is aimed at educational/clinical supervisors who need to consider the support required by a trainee returning to practice after a period of absence.
Trainees returning to work after a break from practice may also find this useful.
About the webinar
In this webinar, Dr Trisha Radia and Dr Sarita Depani will provide guidance for educational and clinical supervisors on how to support trainees planning for and returning from a career break.
It will provide essential information about what documentation should be completed prior to and on returning from a prolonged absence from clinical work and what support is available.
The top three benefits to delegates:
- Anticipate some of the challenges of returning to clinical practice after an absence
- Effectively prepare before and during the trainee’s absence including accessing Keep in Touch days, courses and funds available
- Access support and advice
By the end of this webinar, delegates will be able to:
- Consider how an absence from clinical practice might affect a trainee’s skills, knowledge and confidence and how best to acknowledge and prepare for this
- Find relevant sources of support and advice from their trust, school, RCPCH, BMA, etc.
- Consider how to support trainees returning to clinical practice.
- Know how to develop a Return to Practice checklist and Action Plan for their trainees
Dr Trisha Radia is a Consultant Paediatrician at King’s College Hospital, TPD for Return to Practice for London and Lead for the London School of Paediatrics Paediatric Return to Acute Clinical Practice (PRACP) course.
Dr Sarita Depani is a Paediatric Oncology GRID ST8 trainee and CRUK Clinical Trials Fellow at Great Ormond Street Hospital / CRCTU, University of Birmingham and co-organiser of the London School of Paediatrics Paediatric Return to Acute Clinical Practice (PRACP) course.