Purpose of the role
The VP Health Policy will drive policy and advocacy priorities outlined in the College’s strategy on issues like prevention and health inequalities in childhood, future services and workforce planning.
This role also supports the work of the College’s busy Health Policy Committees which cover a range of areas from health improvement, child protection, informatics, service improvement and workforce.
Who we're looking for
This role is an excellent opportunity for a Fellow of the College with a significant interest, understanding and knowledge of UK health policy, the government agenda and of the quality of care and standards required to provide a safe and sustainable children’s health service.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role
- Member of the College’s Council and Executive Committee
- Chair the College’s Policy and Advocacy Executive Committee
- Co-chair the national System-wide Paediatric Observations Tracking (SPOT) Delivery Board
- Represent the RCPCH at the Academy of Medical Royal Colleges
- Lead the development of our health policy agenda
- Lead the development of health policy projects and provision with partners / collaborators
- Identify opportunities and potential external funding for health policy research
- Oversee the work of the Officers in the Research & Quality Improvement Division, supporting their work, appraising them and being available for consultation
You can download the full role description for all details, including eligibility criteria, below.