Purpose of the role
The Vice President for Science & Research is responsible for promoting and enhancing academic activity in the UK among paediatricians at all levels. They have a pivotal and influential role in improving the child health research environment and paediatric quality improvement initiatives across the country.
This is a wonderful opportunity for an individual with influential research stature and experience to help make UK paediatric research world-leading.
Who we're looking for
This role is an exciting opportunity for a College Fellow with significant experience, understanding and knowledge of child health research, an interest and knowledge of current external priorities relating to the quality of clinical practice and standards that are required to deliver the best and safest care for children and young people.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role
- Oversee and lead initiatives to improve child health research and academic training
- Support the growth and roll out of quality improvement initiatives
- Represent the College at Academy of Medical Royal Colleges on academic research
- Support impactful rare disease surveillance
- Work with the Officers for Research to operationalise the RCPCH’s research strategy to increase research capacity and capabilities of child health research, particularly within intractable areas of health
- Line manage and work with the Officers for Clinical Standards and Quality Improvement to support the development of and operationalisation of a strategy for quality improvement
You can download the full role description for all details, including eligibility criteria.