What we offer
Boost your career in paediatrics by networking with other medical students, foundation doctors, paediatric trainees, consultants and other specialists at the RCPCH Conference, taking place at ICC Birmingham, 13-15 May.
- Registration for all three days of conference, including free access to all workshops, seminars and practice sessions
- A welcome drinks reception especially for medical students
- Presentation of your certificate - in 2018 it was presented by Dr Neena Modi (then RCPCH President), Dr David Evans (Vice President for Education and Training), Judith Ellis (then CEO) and Jonathan Miall (RCPCH Director for Business Development)
- Lunch and refreshments on all three days
- Dinner party organised by BAPIO (British Association of Physicians of Indian Origin)
- Conference ball - with drinks reception, dinner and dance
- Reimbursement of travel costs (of up to £50)
|Applications open||23 November 2018|
|Applications close||1 February 2019|
|Winners contacted by||28 February 2019|
Eligibility criteria and how to apply
The prize is available to all medical students in the UK and Republic of Ireland.
Before the end of each year, we email each university / medical school to nominate and select their most outstanding medical student. The winner (one per medical school) is then invited to attend the conference completely free of charge.
Medical students interested in applying need to submit their CV and personal statement explaining the reason why they are interested in applying and why they should be nominated to attend.
“Attending the RCPCH 2017 conference as a medical student prize winner was a fantastic experience. It afforded me the opportunity to meet a wide variety of people working in the field of paediatrics, attend lectures and seminars exploring many different elements of child health, and network with like-minded medical students from across the UK. I came away from Birmingham with greater insight, motivation and determination to specialise in paediatrics.”
For any more information, please contact the Recruitment and Careers team on email@example.com.