Subscriptions and how to pay

Information about your membership subscriptions and how to pay by Direct Debit, credit or debit card, cheque or banker's draft. Also, how to apply for a concessionary rate, and how UK residents can claim tax relief.

On this page:

About your subscription

Subscriptions are governed by the membership bye-laws and set by Council.Your subscription depends on your current membership type.  

 breakdownofsubs.PNGFellows, ordinary members and associate members who are resident in the UK pay two annual levies, as part of their subscription, that help cover our work in global child health:

  • international development activities - 4% of your subscription
  • visiting fellowship - £5

Your subscription is allocated as below:

Your subscription does not cover:

When to pay

When you first apply for membership or change your membership type, you can pay your subscription for the remainder of the current calendar year.

You can renew your membership each year, by making an annual payment from 1 January. We will send you a reminder letter in January each year.

Pay by Direct Debit (for UK bank accounts)

If you have access to a UK bank account, we encourage you to pay by Direct Debit. You can opt to pay monthly or yearly.

To change how often your payments are made:

  • Sign in
  • Go to Account (in website header)
  • Go to Manage My Membership Subscription
  • Select Change Direct Debit frequency

To set up a new Direct Debit:

Pay by credit card or debit card

To make a payment:

  • Sign in
  • Go to Account (in website header) 
  • Go to Manage My Membership Subscription
  • Select Make a new payment - then Pay by credit or debit card

If you are using Internet Explorer version 8 or below, you will be unable to use our online payment system. We recommend you upgrade your web browser if possible - find out more.

Or, complete and return a credit card or debit card payment form (PDF).

If your card is declined payment, please contact your card issuer to find out why. This may be due to a number of reasons, including where cards issued outside the UK are for domestic use only - read our guidance (PDF).

Pay by cheque or banker's draft

  • Sign in
  • Go to Account (in website header)
  • Go to Manage My Membership Subscription
  • Select Make a new payment

Please make your cheque or banker's draft payable to 'Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health', and write your membership number on the back so we can identify your payment. Send to RCPCH Member Services, 5-11 Theobald's Road, London WC1X 8SH.

Apply for a concessionary rate

Some members may be eligible for a concessionary rate on their subscription and, where relevant, training fee.

Find out more and apply

Refund and discounts policy

Executive Committee have agreed that as of January 2017 we no longer backdate discounts. This means members are responsible to inform us in advance of any change of circumstances in order to get a discount.  If you have already paid your subscription for the year and your circumstances change mid year if you have overpaid by £100 or more we will issue a refund, if the overpayment is less than £100 you will be given a credit against the following year's subscription.

Change of circumstances include the following (please note that this list is not exhaustive)

  • working less than full time (discount is only available for Associates, Ordinary Members and Fellows resident in the UK)
  • maternity or paternity leave
  • sick leave
  • retirement
  • moving overseas (discount is only available for Associates, Ordinary Members and Fellows)
  • volunteering
  • unemployment
  • career break
  • leaving paediatrics
  • joining another UK medical College (discount is only available for Associates, Ordinary Members and Fellows resident in the UK) 
  • co-habiting with another Member who already recieves Archives (discount is only available for Ordinary Members and Fellows)

You can update your details on your online account, email us on or complete the concessionary rate form.

Claim tax relief (UK residents)

If you are resident in the UK, your subscription is fully allowable as a deduction from taxable income. This means you can claim back at least 22% of your subscription.

If you are registered for training, you may also claim tax relief on your training fees as of 10 May 2013.

If you need a receipt for your subscription and/or training fees, please contact the Member Services Team on

How to claim tax relief