Council is the members' representative body that reports directly to the Board of Trustees, and meets three times a year. Council sets the College's overall strategy, in particular with regard to issues affecting members. Find out more and read Council meeting minutes
The Midlands Area Officer sits on Council, and represents two RCPCH regions: West Midlands and Thames Valley.
- Area Officer: Prof Rajat Gupta - firstname.lastname@example.org
The Thames Valley Regional Lead is the ambassador and advocate for your RCPCH region. Through the Area Officer, they represent you in Council and other meetings. They also liaise with specialty training bodies, to help ensure the quality of training. The Regional Lead is in this post for three years, with a possible extension for a further two years.
- Regional lead: Dr Srinivas Jyothi - email@example.com
Other contacts for your RCPCH region
- Academic Regional Representative: Dr Matthew Snape - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Less Than Full Time Training Advisor: Dr Shveta Chana - email@example.com
- Trainee Representative: Dr Ella Ambrose - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Principal Area Theory Lead - for theory exams: Vacant
Contacts for your training at the Local Education and Training Board (LETB)
- Thames Valley LETB
- University of Oxford
- Head of School: Dr Nicola Pritchard - email@example.com
- Training Programme Directors (TPD) ST1-3: Dr Nicola Pritchard - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Training Programme Directors (TPD) ST4-8: Dr Geetha Anand - Geetha.Anand@ouh.nhs.uk
- LETB Administrator: Maxine Grout - Maxine.email@example.com
RCPCH presence in the Thames Valley
The Thames Valley region has 681 members (4.6% of the total in England) (last updated September 2018). The figures below show the age range, positions and locations with most members. An overview of all locations can be found in the RCPCH presence in the Thames Valley Data document.