Council is the members' representative body that reports directly to the Board of Trustees, and meets three times a year. Council sets the College's overall strategy, in particular with regard to issues affecting members. Find out more and read Council meeting minutes
The Midlands Area Officer sits on Council, and represents two RCPCH regions: West Midlands and Thames Valley.
- Area Officer - Prof Rajat Gupta - firstname.lastname@example.org
The West Midlands Regional Lead is the ambassador and advocate for your RCPCH region. Through the Area Officer, they represent you in Council and other meetings. They also liaise with specialty training bodies, to help ensure the quality of training. The Regional Lead is in this post for three years, with a possible extension for a further two years.
- Deputy Regional Lead: Professor Rajat Gupta - email@example.com
- Deputy Regional Lead: Dr Tarak Desai - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deputy Regional Lead: Dr Mohammad Sawal - email@example.com
Other contacts for your RCPCH region
- Academic Regional Representative (job share) - Prof Tim Barrett - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Academic Regional Representative (job share) - Prof Andrew Peet - email@example.com
- Less Than Full Time Training Advisor: Dr Bridget Wilson - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trainee Representative: Dr Laura Kelly - email@example.com
- Principal Area Theory Lead - for theory exams: Dr Chizo Agwu - firstname.lastname@example.org
Contacts for your training
- Health Education West Midlands (deanery)
- Birmingham University
- Keele University
- Warwick University
- Head of School: Dr Alex Philpott - email@example.com
- Training Programme Director (TPD) ST1-3: Dr Anju Singh - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Training Programme Director (TPD) ST4-8: Dr Sanjeev Deshpande - email@example.com
- LETB Administrator: Andrea Alleyne - firstname.lastname@example.org
RCPCH presence in the West Midlands
The West Midlands region has 1,412 members (9.5% of the total in England) (last updated September 2018). The figures below show the age range, positions and locations with most members. An overview of all locations can be found in the RCPCH presence in West Midlands Data document.