Council is the members' representative body that reports directly to the Board of Trustees, and meets three times a year. Council sets the College's overall strategy, in particular with regard to issues affecting members. Find out more and read Council meeting minutes.
The North East England Area Officer sits on Council, and represents two RCPCH regions: North East and Yorkshire and the Humber
- Area Officer: Dr Rajeeva Singh - email@example.com
The North East Regional Lead is the ambassador and advocate for your RCPCH region. Through the Area Officer, they represent you in Council and other meetings. They also liaise with specialty training bodies, to help ensure the quality of training. The Regional Lead is in this post for three years, with a possible extension for a further two years.
- Regional Lead: Dr Neil Hopper - Neil.Hopper@chsft.nhs.uk
- Deputy Regional Lead: Dr Yincent Tse - firstname.lastname@example.org
Other contacts for your RCPCH region
- Academic Regional Representative: Dr Andrew Gennery - email@example.com
- Trainee Representative: Dr Sian Copley - firstname.lastname@example.org
Contacts for your training at the Local Education and Training Board (LETB)
- North East LETB
- University of Durham - School of Medicine
- Newcastle University - Faculty of Medical Sciences
- Head of School: Dr Andy Mellon - email@example.com
- Training Programme Director Level 1: Dr Emma Riley - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Training Programme Director Level 2: Dr Mark Burns - email@example.com
- Training Programme Director Level 3: Dr Lorna Gillespie - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Training Programme Director Quality: Dr Yincent Tse - email@example.com
- LETB Administrator Level 1 ST1-3: Trainees - Adele Simpson - firstname.lastname@example.org
- LETB Administrator Level 2 and 3, ST4-8 Trainees: Kelly Baxter - email@example.com
RCPCH presence in the North East
The North East region has 724 members (4.9% of the total in England) (last updated September 2018). The figures below show the age range, positions and locations with most members. An overview of all locations can be found in the RCPCH presence in the North East Data document.