Council is the members' representative body that reports directly to the Board of Trustees, and meets three times a year. Council sets the College's overall strategy, in particular with regard to issues affecting members. Find out more and read Council meeting minutes
The North West England Area Officer sits on Council, and represents two RCPCH regions: Mersey and the North West.
- Area Officer: Dr Ranganath Ranganna - email@example.com
The Mersey Regional Lead is the ambassador and advocate for your RCPCH region. Through the Area Officer, they represent you in Council and other meetings. They also liaise with specialty training bodies, to help ensure the quality of training. The Regional Lead is in this post for three years, with a possible extension for a further two years.
- Regional Lead: Dr Rosaline Garr - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deputy Regional Lead - VACANT
Other contacts for your RCPCH region
- Academic Regional Representative: Prof Calum Semple - email@example.com
- Less Than Full Time Training Advisor (Mersey): Dr Fulya Mehta - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trainee Representative: Dr Rupert Ellis - email@example.com
- Principal Area Theory Lead - for theory exams: Vacant
Contacts for your training
- North West Postgraduate Medicine and Dentistry (deanery)
- Manchester (University of), Faculty of Medicine and Human Sciences
- Liverpool (University of), Faculty of Medicine
- Head of School: Dr Colin Morgan firstname.lastname@example.org
- Training Programme Directors (TPD) ST1-3: Dr Ian Kilroy - email@example.com
- Training Programme Directors (TPD) ST4-8: Dr Chris Dewhurst - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deanery Administrator: Jennie McAteer - email@example.com
RCPCH presence in Mersey
The Mersey region has 622 members (4.2% of the total in England) (last updated September 2018). The figures below show the age range, positions and locations with most members.
You can download an overview below.