Council is the members' representative body that reports directly to the Board of Trustees, and meets three times a year. Council sets the College's overall strategy, in particular with regard to issues affecting members. Find out more and read Council meeting minutes
The North West England Area Officer sits on Council, and represents two RCPCH regions: Mersey and the North West.
- Area Officer: Dr Ranganath Ranganna - firstname.lastname@example.org
The Mersey Regional Lead is the ambassador and advocate for your RCPCH region. Through the Area Officer, they represent you in Council and other meetings. They also liaise with specialty training bodies, to help ensure the quality of training. The Regional Lead is in this post for three years, with a possible extension for a further two years.
- Regional Lead: Dr Ignatius Losa - email@example.com
- Deputy Regional Lead: Dr Rosaline Garr - firstname.lastname@example.org
Other contacts for your RCPCH region
- Academic Regional Representative: Prof Calum Semple - email@example.com
- Less Than Full Time Training Advisor (Mersey): Dr Fulya Mehta - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trainee Representative: Dr Rupert Ellis - email@example.com
- Principal Area Theory Lead - for theory exams: Vacant
Contacts for your training at the Local Education and Training Board (LETB)
- North West LETB
- Manchester (University of), Faculty of Medicine and Human Sciences
- Liverpool (University of), Faculty of Medicine
- Head of School: Dr Colin Morgan firstname.lastname@example.org
- Training Programme Directors (TPD) ST1-3: Dr Ian Kilroy - email@example.com
- Training Programme Directors (TPD) ST4-8: Dr Chris Dewhurst - firstname.lastname@example.org
- LETB Administrator: Jennie McAteer - email@example.com
RCPCH presence in Mersey
The Mersey region has 622 members (4.2% of the total in England) (last updated September 2018). The figures below show the age range, positions and locations with most members.
You can download an overview below.
News and events
See below to download more information about:
- North West Perinatal & Paediatric Simulation Study Day