Council is the members' representative body that reports directly to the Board of Trustees, and meets three times a year. Council sets the College's overall strategy, in particular with regard to issues affecting members. Find out more and read Council meeting minutes
The North West England Area Officer sits on Council, and represents two RCPCH regions: Mersey and the North West.
- Area Officer: Dr Ranganath Ranganna - email@example.com
The Mersey Regional Lead is the ambassador and advocate for your RCPCH region. Through the Area Officer, they represent you in Council and other meetings. They also liaise with specialty training bodies, to help ensure the quality of training. The Regional Lead is in this post for three years, with a possible extension for a further two years.
- Regional Lead: Dr Ignatius Losa - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deputy Regional Lead: Dr Rosaline Garr - email@example.com
Other contacts for your RCPCH region
- Academic Regional Representative: Prof Calum Semple - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Less Than Full Time Training Advisor (Mersey): Dr Fulya Mehta - Fulya.Mehta@alderhey.nhs.uk
- Trainee Representative: Dr Rupert Ellis - email@example.com
Contacts for your training at the Local Education and Training Board (LETB)
- North West LETB
- Manchester (University of), Faculty of Medicine and Human Sciences
- Liverpool (University of), Faculty of Medicine
- Head of School: Dr Colin Morgan firstname.lastname@example.org
- Training Programme Directors (TPD) ST1-3: Dr Ian Kilroy - email@example.com
- Training Programme Directors (TPD) ST4-8: Dr Chris Dewhurst - firstname.lastname@example.org
- LETB Administrator: Jennie McAteer - email@example.com
RCPCH presence in Mersey
The Mersey region has 622 members (4.2% of the total in England) (last updated September 2018). The figures below show the age range, positions and locations with most members.
You can download an overview below.
News and events
See below to download more information about:
- National Paediatric Respiratory & Allergy Nurses Group - 10 November 2018
- Child Concern Event - November Seminar - Fabricated or Induced Illness (FII) - 14 November
- International Child Health Group (ICHG) Winter Meeting - 19 November 2018
- Neuromuscular Event - Long term ventilation in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy - 23 November 2018