Council is the members' representative body that reports directly to the Board of Trustees, and meets three times a year. Council sets the College's overall strategy, in particular with regard to issues affecting members. Find out more and read Council meeting minutes.
The North West England Area Officer sits on Council, and represents two RCPCH regions: Mersey and the North West.
- Area Officer: Dr; Ranganath Ranganna - firstname.lastname@example.org
The North West Regional Lead is the ambassador and advocate for your RCPCH region. Through the Area Officer, they represent you in Council and other meetings. They also liaise with specialty training bodies, to help ensure the quality of training. The Regional Lead is in this post for three years, with a possible extension for a further two years.
- Regional Lead: Dr Sunil Bagewadi - email@example.com
- Deputy Regional Lead: Dr Nitin Panwar - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deputy Regional Lead: Dr Ranganath Ranganna - email@example.com
Other contacts for your RCPCH region
- Academic Regional Representative: Prof Calum Semple - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Less Than Full Time Training Advisor: Dr Alison Jobling - email@example.com
- Regional General Paediatric Training Adviser: Dr Sameer Misra - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trainee Representative: Dr Anna Mcnamara - email@example.com
Contacts for your training at the Local Education and Training Board (LETB)
- North West LETB
- Manchester (University of), Faculty of Medicine and Human Sciences
- Liverpool (University of), Faculty of Medicine
- Head of School: Dr Colin Morgan - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Training Programme Director (TPD) ST1-3: Dr Ruth Gottstein - email@example.com
- Training Programme Director (TPD) ST4-8: Dr Guy Makin - firstname.lastname@example.org
- LETB Administrator School Specialty Manager: Emma Woods - email@example.com
- LETB Administrator School Leader: Caron Owens - firstname.lastname@example.org
- LETB Administrator: Michelle Turner-Holmes - email@example.com
RCPCH presence in the North West
The North West Region has 1257 members (8.5% of the total in England) (last updated September 2018). The figures below show the age range, positions and locations of members within the region.
Manchester Paediatric Club
A subdivision of the Manchester Medical Society founded in 1834, this club arranges programmes of meetings and seminars and supports meetings in collaboration with other bodies. It thus provides continuing medical education (CME) in the region providing high quality meetings with speakers of national and international renown locally.
The Club collaborates with The University of Manchester Medical School to support the annual Medical Careers Fair.
The Club always welcomes new members - find out more about joining.
News and events
See below to download more information about:
- National Paediatric Respiratory & Allergy Nurses Group - 10 November 2018
- Child Concern Event - November Seminar - Fabricated or Induced Illness (FII) - 14 November
- International Child Health Group (ICHG) Winter Meeting - 19 November 2018
- Neuromuscular Event - Long term ventilation in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy - 23 November 2018