Council is the members' representative body that reports directly to the Board of Trustees, and meets three times a year. Council sets the College's overall strategy, in particular with regard to issues affecting members. Find out more and read Council meeting minutes.
The North West England Area Officer sits on Council, and represents two RCPCH regions: Mersey and the North West.
- Area Officer: Dr Louise Turnbull - email@example.com
The North West Regional Lead is the ambassador and advocate for your RCPCH region. Through the Area Officer, they represent you in Council and other meetings. They also liaise with specialty training bodies, to help ensure the quality of training. The Regional Lead is in this post for three years, with a possible extension for a further two years.
- Regional Lead: Dr Sunil Bagewadi - Sunil.Bagewadi@nca.nhs.uk
- Deputy Regional Lead: Dr Zamir Imran - firstname.lastname@example.org
Other contacts for your RCPCH region
- Academic Regional Representative: Please see Academic Training Committee page
- Less Than Full Time Training Adviser: Please see LTFT Network page
- Trainee Representative: Please see Trainee Network and Trainee Oversight Committee page
- Regional General Paediatric Training Adviser: Please see General Paediatrics CSAC page
- Principal Area Theory Lead - for theory exams: Dr Rabin Mohanty - email@example.com
Contacts for your training
- North West Postgraduate Medicine and Dentistry (deanery)
- Manchester (University of), Faculty of Medicine and Human Sciences
- Liverpool (University of), Faculty of Medicine
- Head of School: Dr Colin Morgan - firstname.lastname@example.org - Please see Head of School Committee page
- Training Programme Director (TPD) ST1-3: Dr Ruth Gottstein - email@example.com
- Training Programme Director (TPD) ST4-8: Dr Guy Makin - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deanery Administrator School Specialty Manager: Emma Woods - email@example.com
- Deanery Administrator School Leader: Caron Owens - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deanery Administrator: Michelle Turner-Holmes - email@example.com
Manchester Medical Society
This society arranges programmes of meetings and seminars and supports meetings in collaboration with other bodies. It thus provides continuing medical education (CME) in the region providing high quality meetings with speakers of national and international renown locally.
The Society collaborates with The University of Manchester Medical School to support the annual Medical Careers Fair.
The Society always welcomes new members - find out more about joining.