Council is the members' representative body that reports directly to the Board of Trustees, and meets three times a year. Council sets the College's overall strategy, in particular with regard to issues affecting members. Find out more and read Council meeting minutes
The South England Area Officer sits on Council, and represents two RCPCH regions: South West and Wessex.
- Area Officer: Prof Robert Mark Beattie - firstname.lastname@example.org
The Wessex Regional Lead is the ambassador and advocate for your RCPCH region. Through the Area Officer, they represent you in Council and other meetings. They also liaise with specialty training bodies, to help ensure the quality of training. The Regional Lead is in this post for three years, with a possible extension for a further two years.
- Regional Lead: Dr Christopher Magier - email@example.com
- Deputy Regional Lead: Dr Sebastian Gray - firstname.lastname@example.org
Other contacts for your RCPCH region
- Less Than Full Time Training Advisor: Dr Katrina Cathie - email@example.com
- Trainee Representative: Dr Fiona Hignett - firstname.lastname@example.org
Contacts for your training at the Local Education and Training Board (LETB)
- Wessex LETB
- Southampton University
- Head of School: Dr Stephen Warriner - email@example.com
- Training Programme Directors (TPD) ST1-3: Dr Phil Parslow - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Training Programme Directors (TPD) ST4-8: Dr Steven Warriner - email@example.com
- LETB Administrator: Sarah Case - firstname.lastname@example.org
- LETB Administrator: Lisa McChrystal - email@example.com
RCPCH presence in Wessex
The Wessex region has 643 members (4.3% of the total in England) (last updated September 20180. The figures below show the age range, positions and locations with most members. An overview of all locations can be found in the RCPCH presence in Wessex Data document.
Paediatrics in Wessex
- Paediatric Innovation, Education and Research (PIER) Network
- The STrIPES group - trainee group interested in simulation and education, led by Dr James Edelman (trainee)
- Book courses through Health Education Wessex
- Searchable repository of patient safety and QI projects run in Wessex
- Southampton and Oxford Retrieval team, includes information on upcoming courses
- Oxford and Southampton Children’s Hospital Network
- Wessex Refugee Resource.com - supporting health professionals in treating refugees and asylum seekers within the Wessex Deanery.