You will attend workshops, network with others, and you will hear from high profile speakers in child health research such as Professor Nick Bishop and Professor Andrew Pollard. See the programme below in the download section.
This year we have five workshops for you to choose from:
- Achieving a balance with Dr Katrina Cathie - Finding a balance between clinical, academic and personal commitments can be difficult. Here, Katrina Cathie, a mother, paediatrician and a researcher shares her experience and offers advice of how to achieve a balance between competing priorities.
- PPIE in research with Jenny Preston - Patient and public involvement and engagement (PPIE) is the foundation for child health research. In this workshop, Jenny Preston, an expert in PPIE talks about its importance and offers guidance on how to embed it in your own research.
- COVID-19 and research with Dr Alasdair Munro -The significance of research has been demonstrated during the COVID-19 pandemic. Ally was at the forefront of our RCPCH COVID-19 research summaries, which subsequently shaped policy across the world. In this workshop, Ally will discuss the importance of research during COVID-19 and other health crises.
- Getting started in research with Dr Eve Smith / Dr Reena Perchard and Dr Emily Cottrell - In this workshop, senior academic trainees discuss their experience of getting started in research and offer advice on how to get your foot in the door into the world of research.
- International child health research with Dr Maryke Nielsen, Dr Joe Piper and Dr Jonathan Broad - Are you interested in global child health research? Here, Maryke and Joe who are both paediatric trainee and PhD fellows based in Africa, discuss the pathways available for getting involved in international research, and discuss the ethical and logistical challenges unique to global child health research. Jonathan is a current paediatric academic clinical fellow, and will also present research on child refugee health within the UK.
This event is now fully booked. Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be put on a waiting list for this event.