This year, the Epilepsy12 and OPEN UK conference will be hosted in a virtual format again and will consist of a mixture of presentations and workshops aimed at health professionals working to support paediatric epilepsy services and patient organisations. We aim to amplify the voice of children and young people with epilepsies, and bring professionals together to support on the important quality improvements in care taking place in England and Wales.
Our conference aims and objectives are to:
- Understand more about current and future Epilepsy12 national audit activities
- Contribute towards the OPEN UK quality improvement agenda
- Understand the current issues within paediatric epilepsy care that are most important to children and young people
- Understand the priorities and activities of the NHS England Epilepsy Oversight Group and learn of their future improvement plans
- Facilitate a constructive discussion around the use of sodium valproate in epilepsy treatment
- Establish the challenges of SUDEP discussions in paediatric epilepsy clinical settings and identify possible solutions
- Increase the networking opportunities at virtual events
Find out more information about the presentations by downloading the conference programme at the bottom of this webpage.
This year we are keen to enhance the networking opportunities for our delegates. There will be opportunities to create and share user profiles and chat with other attendees before, during and after the event. We will also be hosting a virtual networking lounge from 16:30. During this session, attendees will be able to move around a virtual room and join various themed tables, where they can interact informally with one another and conference speakers. Here, attendees can switch on their cameras and microphones if they wish to or ask questions via chat functions. These sessions are designed to increase interactivity and imitate face-to-face networking during virtual events.
Please register for the conference using the link below. You will then receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to set up an account and access the online platform. The main livestream of the event and all related conference materials can be accessed via the online platform.
You can find our privacy notice below and the Epilepsy12 project team members are available to respond to any related queries at email@example.com or on Tel: 020 7092 6170 / 6157 / 6161 / 6056 .