This Symposium was hosted by Dr Umair Khan and in collaboration with RCPE, RCPSG, RCPCH and SACCH. The meeting featured six clinical case and six QI/audit/research presentations as well as two guest speakers.
Royal College of Physicians Edinburgh
11 Queen Street
This event is now over
All SPS members were invited to submit abstracts for the following sections of the meeting:
- Clinical case presentations - of important or unusual clinical presentations, issues in relation to the diagnostic work up, management or complications. Six cases will be selected for presentation, and one prize given for the best clinical case presentation.
- Research / audit / quality Improvement presentations - of original research work or audit carried out in any paediatric speciality. Six cases will be selected for presentation, and a prize and Oman Craig Trophy given given for the best research or audit presentation.
- Poster presentations - researchers invited to present their work in a poster format. A maximum of 10 posters will be selected and a prize given for the best poster presentation.
- Climate change prize - for relevant research, audit, or a significant project development that provides evidence of influencing the health of children and young people. Examples or areas to consider include:
- Direct effects of pollution on children and young people’s health
- Reduced plastic waste by change in NHS prescribing practice, eg inhalers
- Influencing NHS recognition in a hospital or community setting of the need for action in relation to climate change
- Diseases related to increased climate extremes
- Mental health concerns related to climate change
A full programme is available to download below.