The Sir Peter Tizard Bursary offers a spot on the BPSU reporting cards worth £20,000 and a £5,000 stipend for training purposes. The bursary is open to paediatric trainees and newly qualified consultants wishing to undertake an epidemiological research study into a rare disease or condition that affects children and addresses a question of clinical or public health importance.
To be eligible for the bursary applicants must:
- be an RCPCH member
- be a paediatrician working (at least part of their time) in the NHS as a specialty trainee (any grade), academic trainee or new Consultant (within 3 years of appointment to a consultant post)
- not have previously led a BPSU study
- the study team must not have previously submitted an application on the same topic for consideration by the BPSU scientific committee
- Any one candidate can only submit one application per year.
- Joint applications (ie where two applicants work together on a BPSU study under supervision and share the award) are acceptable.
The closing date for applications is Friday, 15 October 2021.
For any enquiries email firstname.lastname@example.org.