The Sir Peter Tizard Bursary offers a spot on the BPSU reporting cards worth £20,000 and a £5,000 stipend for training purposes. The bursary is open to paediatric trainees and newly qualified consultants wishing to undertake an epidemiological research study into a rare disease or condition that affects children and addresses a question of clinical or public health importance.
To be eligible for the bursary applicants must:
- be members of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health or collegiate members of the Faculty of Paediatrics of the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland
- be a Paediatrician working (at least part of their time) in the UK National Health Service or Irish public healthcare system as a specialty trainee (any grade), academic trainee or new Consultant (within 3 years of appointment to a consultant post)
- not have previously led a BPSU study
- the study team must not have previously submitted an application on the same topic for consideration by the BPSU scientific committee
- Any one candidate can only submit one application per year.
- Joint applications (ie where two applicants work together on a BPSU study under supervision and share the award) are acceptable.
The closing date for applications is Monday, 17 October 2022.
For any enquiries or to submit your application please email email@example.com.