Each year we invite trainee paediatricians and newly qualified consultants planning a surveillance study through the British Paediatric Surveillance Unit (BPSU) to apply for this bursary. The successful applicant receives a free slot on the BPSU Orange Card and a stipend towards their training needs.
Purpose of the award
- Encourages paediatricians who are not research active to undertake a study of a rare disease or condition which affects children and which addresses a question of clinical or public health importance.
- Enables paediatricians to further develop their research knowledge and skills.
- Adds to the body of knowledge of rare childhood diseases and conditions.
- Promotes the role of the BPSU in the surveillance of rare diseases affecting children.
- Supports the RCPCH's objective of building and strengthening research in paediatrics.
Applications are open on Monday 17 July 2023, and the closing date is Monday 30 October 2023 by 23:59.
You can find more information, including eligibility criteria, example scoresheets and application forms on the BPSU Sir Peter Tizard research bursary web page.