24 April 2019
The College's Council last met on 13 February 2019. The main topics discussed were an update on membership engagement, the workforce briefing from last December and the creation of a Nominations committee. Further details are below.
- The President's report, including the launch of the NHS Long Term Plan in England, which we summarised, and the College’s involvement in its workstream, Healthy Childhood and Maternity Health
- An update on work done on membership engagement, plus results from our membership survey which indicated that membership satisfaction is on the rise.
- Council agreement to continue to engage and partner with formula milk companies solely relating to specialist formulas but without any financial transactions.
- An update on the workforce briefing in December 2018 - this highlights key findings from the 2017 census and advises that paediatric consultant demand is estimated at an extra 850 working time equivalent and the number of ST1 rising to 600 for each of the next five years. The Workforce team is working closely with Health Education England to test and pilot a workforce plan for the Midlands and East
- The creation of a Nominations committee which will formalise the process of assessing nominations for the James Spence Medal and Honorary Fellowships
- The establishment of a short life panel to review current data to assess our performance on equality and diversity for the various College volunteer posts where members or others undertake work