13 February 2020
The College's Council last met on 23 January 2020. The main topics discussed were updates on the Shape of Paediatric Training, the Clinical Excellence Awards (ACCEA) and our forthcoming State of Child Health report.
Other items which were discussed:
- The President’s report, particularly how to successfully promote health in children and young people within Government
- The recently published GMC (General Medical Council) survey of SAS (Staff and Associate Specialist) and locally employed doctors’ workplace experiences, including the initial findings report, and our response to it
- An update on Paediatrics 2040 and the launch of a membership survey to help us shape the vision for the future of paediatrics in the UK
- An update on the RCPCH Conference 2020 programme, which has the theme, ‘Innovating for child health’
- Launch of the Workforce Census 2020.
We will publish the full minutes in due course. Previous full minutes can be found on the Council page.