12 December 2019
The College's Council last met on 17 October 2019. The main topics discussed were updates on the RCPCH Ambassadors, the MTI scheme and the Paediatric Careers Campaign and Retention Strategy.
Other items which were discussed:
- Revision of President’s report, including Professor Viner’s meeting with the new Chief Medical Officer for England, Chris Whitty, to ensure prioritisation of children and young people.
- The development of an evidence-based report on effects of indoor air quality on children and young people’s health which will be published on 28 January 2020.
- The College’s position regarding the rights of migrant, refugee and stateless/undocumented children.
- The rebranding pathway of the new membership magazine was presented as well as the reveal of the new name, Milestones.
- The decision to inform members that the 2020 Clinical Excellence Awards are coming up and that they can apply for an RCPCH citation in November 2019 to give more time to prepare an application.
Previous full minutes can be found on the Council page.