Criteria and categories
Nominations for the PAFTA awards should satisfy the following criteria:
- Demonstrate excellence in the fulfilment of their work in paediatrics
- Demonstrate exemplary team working and support to peers
- Demonstrate excellence in their interaction with patients and their families
- Embody the values of the RCPCH
Each deanery/LETB may nominate only one candidate in each of the three categories:
- Best Junior Trainee (ST 1-3)
- Best Senior Trainee (ST 4-8)
- Best Educational Supervisor
How to make a nomination
As a deanery/LETB, you can make the PAFTA nominations via our online form (below), including a citation with a maximum of 250 words. The deadline for submissions is Tuesday 29 January 2019.
The College will run the national judging process, which includes a panel of children and young people. We will notify winners by 12 March 2019.
Our awards ceremony takes place at the RCPCH Conference and exhibition on Tuesday 14 May 2019 at the ICC, Birmingham.