Update - 1 February 2021: This news page was amended with the Conference's confirmed dates.
By submitting an abstract, you can play a vital role in our flagship event. Whether presenting a session of submitting a poster, it’s a great opportunity to showcase your research and share best practice with colleagues from across the world.
- Get a citation in Archives of Disease in Childhood and the Conference website
- Showcase preliminary project work and gain constructive feedback to help shape future activity
- Add to your CV and boost your chances of winning funding
- Refine your presentation skills and promote yourself, and your institution
- Share your knowledge - your work could make a real difference
The theme for the 2021 event is ‘Challenges, opportunities and solutions for Child Heath in the COVID-19 era’.
Submitters are required to select the relevant category for an abstract from the following:
- Association of Paediatric Emergency Medicine
- Association of Paediatric Palliative Medicine
- British Academy of Childhood Disability
- British Association for Paediatric Nephrology
- British Association of Child and Adolescent Public Health
- British Association for Community Child Health
- British Association of General Paediatrics
- British Association of Paediatricians in Audiology
- British Association of Perinatal Medicine in conjunction with the Neonatal Society
- British Inherited Metabolic Disease Group
- British Paediatric Allergy Immunity and Infection Group
- British Paediatric and Adolescent Bone Group
- British Paediatric Neurology Association
- British Paediatric Respiratory Society
- British Society for Paediatric Dermatology
- British Society of Paediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes
- British Society of Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology & Nutrition
- British Society for the History of Paediatrics and Child Health (ePosters only)
- British Society for Rheumatology
- Child Protection Special Interest Group and Child Protection Standing Committee
- Children’s Ethics & Law Special Interest Group
- Children's Cancer and Leukaemia Group
- Down Syndrome Medical Interest Group
- George Still Forum - National Paediatric ADHD Group (ePosters only)
- International Child Health Group
- Paediatric clinical leaders: service planning, provision and best practice
- Paediatric Educators' Special Interest Group
- Paediatric Intensive Care Society UK
- Paediatric Mental Health Association
- Paediatric Special Interest Group: British Society of Haematology
- Paediatricians with Expertise in Cardiology Special Interest Group
- Quality Improvement and Patient Safety
- Trainees session
- Young People's Health Special Interest Group
About abstract submission
How are papers selected?
Abstracts are firstly adjudicated by a group of experts within the specialty group of the submitter's choice (see above).
The top scoring abstracts from each group are sent to the main Conference Organising Committee to review for consideration for presentation in the Innovators in Paediatrics sessions within the main plenary sessions at Conference.
All other successful abstracts are allocated as either a poster or an oral presentation within the programme of the specialty group it was submitted to. (Scheduling and selection managed by the specialty group convenor).
Where are papers published?
All those submissions that are accepted for presentation will be published in the online supplement of Archives of Disease in Childhood.
We will publish your abstract from the version supplied by you. It will be published exactly as submitted.
Find out more and get involved! Read full guidelines and submit your abstract