This eLearning is endorsed by RCPCH
Developed by the Meningitis Research Foundation, a leading UK and international charity that brings together people and expertise to defeat meningitis and septicaemia wherever it exists
To make clinicians aware of:
- risk factors and clinical features for infection in young infants
- which investigations should be carried out infants when there is a suspicion of bacterial meningitis
- importance of giving appropriate antibiotics and when these should be given
- prognosis and long term effects of meningitis.
By the end of the activity clinicians should:
- be less likely to miss a case of bacterial meningitis in a young infant
- be able to appropriately manage a case of bacterial meningitis in a young infant according to best practice guidelines.