2012-15 NPDA: Part 2 Hospital admissions and complications report
This report (Part 2) summarises hospital admission data for children and young people with diabetes over three annual audit cycles between the 1st April 2012 and the 31st March 2015.
Admissions to hospital among children and young people with diabetes place a large burden on NHS resources and patient and family wellbeing, and can be considered as a quality of care or performance indicator. This report investigates acute emergency hospital admissions where the primary diagnosis is related to diabetes in children and young people cared for in Paediatric Diabetes Units (PDUs) in England and Wales.
Key audit questions:
- How many children and young people are being admitted to hospital each year with diabetes related causes?
- What are the causes for hospital admission?
- What patient factors are associated with risk of hospital admission?
- Is there regional variation in hospital admission rates?
- Have there been changes to admission rates over time?
The 2011-12 Hospital admissions and complications report is also available to download below.