This report hopefully gives you a flavour of the advocacy and policy work we have completed, speaking up on behalf of children and young people on a wide range of issues such as the importance of returning to school, free meals and of course, on their health and wellbeing.
Some highlights from 2020:
- Supporting the child health workforce - Our COVID-19 guidance documents were viewed over 485,000 times
- Equality, diversity and inclusion - We published our Putting Ladders Down report and our two-year action plan
- Improving child health - Over 2,500 paediatricians signed our open letter urging the Government to prioritise the re-opening of schools
- Listening and engaging - RCPCH &Us worked with 812 children, young people and family volunteers to inform and influence child health
- Training, education and careers - We published our vision for the future of training in Paediatrician of the Future: Delivering really good training
- Research and quality improvement - We relaunched our QI Central website, our sharing hub where you can find resources, news and QI projects
The achievements highlighted in this Review testify to the hard work of dedicated staff and volunteers supporting members, children and young people. I will never forget what has been accomplished over the past 12 months; the herculean efforts that you have all made to support paediatrics and child health through a year like no other. Thank you.