About our service
We work towards sustainable services with improved outcomes for children and young people and compliant, effective working arrangements for clinicians.
We help employers, commissioners, managers and clinicians design these services and work better together to harness the expertise within the whole service. We do this with expert clincal reviewers and our in-depth knowledge of standards and service models across the nation.
We offer an independent, confidential opinion where concerns have arisen about an individual paediatrician or a paediatric service.
We advise on approaches to safety, reconfiguration, service design and workforce planning, and support our members towards increased influence and strategic thinking, linking to our clincal leaders programme, quality improvement initiatives and other sources of expertise and advice.
We tailor each review to best meet the requirements and composition of the organisation involved, and the 71 reviews we've completed to date include community, neonatal, acute and specialist paediatric services, each one with bespoke terms of reference and personalised approach.
What we offer
- Centrally managed liaison and communication
- Consistent approach, but tailored to the individual situation
- At least two experienced and specialist reviewers who can provide assurance, perspective and breadth of knowledge
- Clear timescales for report delivery
- Quality assurance and endorsement by the RCPCH
- Formal involvement of experienced clinicians from nursing, obstetrics, emergency medicine, etc if needed
- Links to extensive data, information, expertise and advice held uniquely by the RCPCH, including policy and specialist clinical comment
- All-inclusive single costing covers fees, expenses and administration
- Professional communications and media team as needed.
Examples of why clients request an invited review
- Independent critique of a proposed model of care
- ‘Health check’ on quality and effectiveness of service
- Concerns around team working
- Improve links between acute and community teams
- Develop interfaces with other service providers
- Assess compliance with recognised standards and benchmark with other services
- workforce modelling
- Review clinical risks to the service
- Assess safety concerns following or ahead of reconfiguration
- Examine capacity, capability and effectiveness to find new ways of working to improve outcomes and reduce costs
- Assess clinical practice.
Scroll down to download our booklet, Examples of where we'e made a difference, to see the range and scope of reviews we have done in the past.
Get in touch
We welcome enquiries from healthcare organisations (usually the Clinical Lead, Medical Director or Chief Executive), and can informally discuss in confidence how we may be able to help.
We also invite experienced consultant and SAS paediatricians to contact us about joining our panel of reviewers.
Sue Eardley, Head of Invited Reviews - firstname.lastname@example.org | 020 7092 6091