About this line of enquiry
We are analysing data to develop predictions and models of children and young people's (CYP) health and demographics in 2040.
We will forecast the following:
- Future burden of disease and patterns of healthcare activity for CYP in the UK
- Future population structures and demographic distribution for the UK
- Future workforce needed to meet future healthcare activity patterns
This will inform work in the other three lines of enquiry: innovation, models of care and working lives.
What we will do
- Develop robust methodologies for all domains
- Assess what data is required and available, and collect relevant data
- Analyse data and generate models
- Interpret models and outcomes of the work to produce a chapter for the report detailing likely child health outcomes, and identifying challenges and opportunities
- Work with other sub-committees of the project to ensure they can understand and utilise model outcomes and other data in their work
- Work with other sub-committees and the project board to identify data and analysis, and perform this if required.