About this line of enquiry
We will utilise data, models and analyses produced by all other sub-committees, and combine this with evidence from the literature, and information collected from stakeholders and members to develop a vision of future workforce requirements and training to ensure we continue to attract and retain a paediatric workforce that is well equipped to provide the best possible services for children and young people.
What we will do
We will work to understand, and develop a vision of:
- The shape of future workforces
- The training needs of workforces
- How training can be best provided to future workforces
- What future models of work will look like
Based upon this, we will reflect upon the shape of future workforces, considering the future roles of paediatricians, how and where they will work, and with whom.
We are considering the following:
- Shape of future workforces and the role of paediatricians within the health care system
- Development of future training models, and consideration of implications of innovation and technology on the future of training
- Future models of working and flexible career paths
- Working lives support to workforces
- How the College can best support members in the future