Health policy consultations
Our response to a wide range of health policy consultations ensures that the College's position, and ultimately children's health, is represented.
We want to hear from you! Members can get involved in current consultations by contacting the health policy team.
RCPCH Youth Advisory Panel e-consultation for young people.
The RCPCH would like to give young people’s the opportunity to share their views, experiences and key messages through an online consultation on ‘Young People and the NHS’. Young people can complete the consultation here.
Launched by Professor Terence Stephenson, this is an ongoing consultation. Contact our Children and Young People’s Participation & Advocacy Manager with any queries or suggestions.
- House of Commons Select Committee consultation on emergency care
View our response (PDF, 44 KB, 3 pages)
- Welsh Government consultation on Diabetes Delivery Plan for Wales
View our response (PDF, 30 KB, 4 pages)
- Labour Party consultation on deliverying integration
View our response (PDF, 4 pages, 919 KB)
- Welsh Government consultation on a Welsh Public Health Bill
- DWP and DfE consultation on child poverty measures
- Home Office consultation on alcohol strategy
- NHS Commissioning Board consultation on specialised services
View our response (PDF, 94 KB, 5 pages)
- DH consultation on strengthening the NHS Constitution
View our response (PDF, 91 KB, 6 pages)
- Revised safeguarding statutory guidance issued by DfE
- Standardised packaging of tobacco products
- Department of Health Front of Pack Nutrition Labelling Consultation
Older consultation responses
- The RCPCH has to the National Quality Committee's first Annual Data Quality Report.
The RCPCH has
The RCPCH has Good Medical Practice, the GMC’s guidance for all doctors. (February 2012)to the consultation on the draft for
The College has
The College has responded to consultations from both thePDF, 262KB, 5 pages) and the on the issue of integrated care (November 2011)
The here.to the Cabinet Office’s call for evidence on the government’s recent Social Mobility and Child Poverty strategies. The questions and context to the reviews can be read
Ofsted have consulted on new inspection arrangments for children’s services focussing on safeguarding and looked after children. The inspections will be unannounced and cover multi-agency working. with significant concerns about how effective inspection will be delivered in practice in the light of NHS reforms and an increasingly diverse range of providers.
RCPCH response to Establishing a new office of the Children's Commissioner for England (OCCE): consultation for legislative proposals (PDF, 34KB, 5 pages) September 2011
consultation (PDF, 439KB, 63 pages) on the proposal by the European Commission for a regulation of the European parliament and of the Council on foods intended for infants and young children and on food for special medical purpose (September 2011)to the
'Positive for Youth' - The Department for Education is leading on a cross-government strategy for young people and consulted informally during summer 2011 on its early proposals. to the health work stream of the with the attached briefing and the Health Policy team is continuing to liaise with Department of Health and Department for Education colleagues as the strategy is developed and implemented.
RCPCH to Consultation on a Revised Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) - Department for Education (PDF, 127KB, 5 pages) September 2011
RCPCH response to the Home Office: UK border agency consultation on employment-related settlement, tier 5 and overseas domestic workers (PDF, 23KB, 3 pages) September 2011
- (PDF, 325KB, 2 pages) June 2011
- (PDF, 242KB, 5 pages) June 2011
- (PDF, 29KB, 3 pages) June 2011
- (PDF, 254KB, 5 pages) May 2011
- RCPCH response to DH White Paper (PDF, 80KB, 4 pages) October 2010 - this is the overall repsonse to the recent DH Equity and Excellence White Paper.
- October 2010 - this is the specific response to the Outcome Framework, as part of the Equity and Excellence White Paper
- October 2010 - this is the specific response to the Commissioning consultation, as part of the Equity and Excellence White Paper
- RCPCH response to Local Democratic Legitimacy in Health consultation (PDF, 79KB, 4 pages) October 2010 - this is the specific response to the Democratic Legitimacy consultation, as part of the Equity and Excellence White Paper
- RCPCH response to DH Regulating Healthcare Providers consultation (PDF, 79KB, 4 pages) October 2010 - this is the specific response to the Regulating providers consultation, as part of the Equity and Excellence White Paper
- RCPCH Submission to Health Select Committee Inquiry into Commissioning (PDF, 69KB, 2 pages) October 2010
For all our latest policy updates, visit the Health Policy page
Associated Publications, Resources and Links
Harnessing the views of our members: A recognised and respected authority on child health, the College ...
- Stakeholder organisations
The following organisations have registered as project stakeholders or are partners in the National Epilepsy Audit: ...
- CPD activity approval
Organisations wanting CPD activity approval from the RCPCH can gain this by referring to the CPD activity approval ...
- RCPCH approach
The College is designing and implementing a system to support specialist revalidation that will command the confidence ...
- Chairman's Welcome
Dear Colleagues, Welcome. As chair of the Academic Board, I have the privilege and ...
- Further information
RCPCH e-bulletins Sign up to these monthly email updates if you don't currently receive them by contacting our ...