Health policy consultations
Our response to a wide range of health policy consultations ensures that the College's position, and ultimately children's health, is represented.
We want to hear from you. Members can get involved in current consultations by contacting the health policy team.
- Health Select Committee: Children and Adolescent Mental Health Services
(PDF, 176KB, 5 pages)
- Education Select Committee Inquiry: Child Well-being in England
(PDF, 117KB, 5 pages)
- Scottish Parliament Health and Sport Committee: Health inequalities - Early years
(PDF, 159KB, 6 pages)
- Enhancing Healthcare Services For Children and Young People in Northern Ireland (From Birth to 18 Years) - Phase 3
(PDF, KB, pages)
Healthwatch England: the way forward consultation
(PDF, 49 KB, 2 pages)
- Enhancing Healthcare Services For Children and Young People in Northern Ireland (From Birth to 18 Years) - Phase 1 & 2
(PDF, 83KB, 11 pages)
- Health Education England mandate refresh
View our response (PDF, 102KB, 5 pages)
- National Assembly for Wales Health and Social Care Committee’s short inquiry into the work of Healthcare Inspectorate Wales
- NHS England consultation on ‘High quality care for all, now and for future generations: Engagement on the Urgent and Emergency Care Review’
View our response (PDF, 102KB, 6 pages)
- CQC consultation on 'Changes to the way we inspect, regulate and monitor care services'
View our response (PDF, 85KB, 6 pages)
- Health Education England Workforce Planning 2013/2014 call for evidence
- Health Education England Strategic Development Framework call for evidence
- House of Commons Select Committee consultation on emergency care
View our response (PDF, 44 KB, 3 pages)
- Welsh Government consultation on Diabetes Delivery Plan for Wales
View our response (PDF, 30 KB, 4 pages)
- Labour Party consultation on deliverying integration
View our response (PDF, 4 pages, 919 KB)
- Welsh Government consultation on a Welsh Public Health Bill
- DWP and DfE consultation on child poverty measures
- Home Office consultation on alcohol strategy
- NHS Commissioning Board consultation on specialised services
View our response (PDF, 94 KB, 5 pages)
- DH consultation on strengthening the NHS Constitution
View our response (PDF, 91 KB, 6 pages)
- Revised safeguarding statutory guidance issued by DfE
- Standardised packaging of tobacco products
- Department of Health Front of Pack Nutrition Labelling Consultation
Older consultation responses
- The RCPCH has to the National Quality Committee's first Annual Data Quality Report.
The RCPCH has
The RCPCH has Good Medical Practice, the GMC’s guidance for all doctors. (February 2012)to the consultation on the draft for
The College has
The College has responded to consultations from both thePDF, 262KB, 5 pages) and the on the issue of integrated care (November 2011)
The here.to the Cabinet Office’s call for evidence on the government’s recent Social Mobility and Child Poverty strategies. The questions and context to the reviews can be read
Ofsted have consulted on new inspection arrangments for children’s services focussing on safeguarding and looked after children. The inspections will be unannounced and cover multi-agency working. with significant concerns about how effective inspection will be delivered in practice in the light of NHS reforms and an increasingly diverse range of providers.
RCPCH response to Establishing a new office of the Children's Commissioner for England (OCCE): consultation for legislative proposals (PDF, 34KB, 5 pages) September 2011
consultation (PDF, 439KB, 63 pages) on the proposal by the European Commission for a regulation of the European parliament and of the Council on foods intended for infants and young children and on food for special medical purpose (September 2011)to the
'Positive for Youth' - The Department for Education is leading on a cross-government strategy for young people and consulted informally during summer 2011 on its early proposals. to the health work stream of the with the attached briefing and the Health Policy team is continuing to liaise with Department of Health and Department for Education colleagues as the strategy is developed and implemented.
RCPCH to Consultation on a Revised Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) - Department for Education (PDF, 127KB, 5 pages) September 2011
RCPCH response to the Home Office: UK border agency consultation on employment-related settlement, tier 5 and overseas domestic workers (PDF, 23KB, 3 pages) September 2011
- (PDF, 325KB, 2 pages) June 2011
- (PDF, 242KB, 5 pages) June 2011
- (PDF, 29KB, 3 pages) June 2011
- (PDF, 254KB, 5 pages) May 2011
- RCPCH response to DH White Paper (PDF, 80KB, 4 pages) October 2010 - this is the overall repsonse to the recent DH Equity and Excellence White Paper.
- October 2010 - this is the specific response to the Outcome Framework, as part of the Equity and Excellence White Paper
- October 2010 - this is the specific response to the Commissioning consultation, as part of the Equity and Excellence White Paper
- RCPCH response to Local Democratic Legitimacy in Health consultation (PDF, 79KB, 4 pages) October 2010 - this is the specific response to the Democratic Legitimacy consultation, as part of the Equity and Excellence White Paper
- RCPCH response to DH Regulating Healthcare Providers consultation (PDF, 79KB, 4 pages) October 2010 - this is the specific response to the Regulating providers consultation, as part of the Equity and Excellence White Paper
- RCPCH Submission to Health Select Committee Inquiry into Commissioning (PDF, 69KB, 2 pages) October 2010
For all our latest policy updates, visit the Health Policy page.