Clinical Outcome Review Programme: Child Health Reviews - UK was a UK-wide programme of work, systematically examining mortality and morbidity in children and young people between their 1st and 18th birthdays.
About the programme
The programme aimed to inform clinical practice and improve the healthcare provided to children and young people - in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.
There were two discrete projects: a retrospective epidemiological review of all-cause mortality; and a themed case review of mortality and morbidity in children and young with epilepsy.
Get in touch
The Child Health Reviews-UK team relied on the help and support of all paediatricians to report relevant cases.
Child Health Reviews-UK
Research and Policy Division
Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
5-11 Theobalds Road
Phone: 0207 092 6165
- Themed case review of mortality and morbidity in children and young people with epilepsy, plus summary for parents/carers
- Retrospective epidemiological review of all-cause mortality
- Reports published - November 2013
- Data collection ended - May 2013
- Programme launched - May 2012
- Confidential case review theme announced - March 2012
- RCPCH awarded child health component of Clinical Outcome Review Programme - October 2011