Epilepsy12 is a national clinical audit, established in 2009, with the aim of helping epilepsy services, and those who commission health services, to measure and improve the quality of care for children and young people with seizures and epilepsies.
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: 020 7092 6168
We have published national reports of the audit for round 1 in 2012 and round 2 on 26 November 2014 - including summary versions for parents, carers, children and young people.
Methodology and datasets
The full methodology and datasets for round 2 of the audit - including the three main components: service descriptor, clinical audit and patient experience questionnaires.
Quality improvement tools
Access tools and resources relating to the Epilepsy12 performance indicators - using search criteria for service type, geographical location and area of interest.
Key partner organisations
We officially launched the national report of round 2 of the Epilepsy12 audit on 26 November 2014.
Image: Clinical Lead Colin Dunkley presenting at the launch.
Epilepsy12 scoops national award
At the recent Healthcare Quality Improvement Partnership (HQIP) awards the RCPCH won a prize for young person's participation in the audit.
Paediatric Epilepsy Best Practice Tariff to support Trusts to comply with a specific level of care:
- letter from Dr Colin Dunkley, Epilepsy12 clinical lead (PDF)
- useful checklist (PDF) (not a Department of Health document)
Join the college
- A better NHS for children
- Child mortality
- Public health
- Child protection
- Research and surveillance
- Clinical guidelines and standards
- Quality improvement and clinical audit
- S.A.F.E Programme – Situation Awareness for Everyone
- Decreased Conscious Level Multi-site Audit
- Epilepsy12 National Audit
- National Neonatal Audit Programme (NNAP)
- National Paediatric Diabetes Audit (NPDA)
- Patient Reported Experience Measure (PREM)
- Children's medicines
- For parents and carers
- A voice for children, young people and their families
RCPCH Link Sites