RCPCH India examinations
The RCPCH runs the membership examination (MRCPCH) in cities across India. We are also launching the Diploma in Child Health (UK), which demonstrates competence for non-paediatricians dealing with children and young people in their clinical practice.
On this page:
The MRCPCH examinations are held in the following cities:
- New Delhi
Please note that due to the low candidate numbers
This means that though you will have choice of examination centres in India during your application, you may be allocated to your second or third choice.
Candidate eligibility for Bangladeshi nationals
The College has opened up the MRCPCH Clinical in India exam to all Bangladeshi nationals and those who are currently working in Bangladesh.
The decision was taken due to the increasing number of applications received from this area. India nationals and those currently working in India will receive priority status.
MRCPCH Clinical - candidate training course
The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health are pleased to announce that a MRCPCH Clinical candidate training course and mock examination will be held in Delhi, India on Wednesday 14 and Thursday, 15 January 2015 in association with Medanta. The venue will be Medanta – The Medicity Hospital.
Contact details for registration
- Miss Jiya Dahiya
- Tel: (91) 88028 61157
- Email: email@example.com
- Exam fee: 15,000 rupees (for both days)
Candidates should apply directly to Miss Jiya Dahiya. Please ensure your name and RCPCH number are written on the back of the cheque. Demand drafts should be payable to Global Health Private Limited. Please note that you must send your cheque along with your letter of application to:
Dr Neelam Mohan c/o Jiya Dahiya
Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology
Room No 9, 11th floor OPD block,
Medanta- The Medicity Hospital
Sector -38, Gurgaon (NCR)
Fees are non-refundable.
The application dates for India applications are:
- Opening date: 1 November 2014
- Closing date: 1 January 2015
There will be 24 places in total and placements will be allocated on a first come first serve basis. The application closing date may be closed early if we receive more than 24 applications of interest with fee.
Capstone Course for the MRCPCH Clinical
By PPR Academy of Sciences* Training Programme
Designed for professionals by professionals
- Intensive and interactive three-day clinical training with mock exam and immediate feedback
- Taught by experienced UK based consultant paediatricians
- Specifically designed for the needs of non-UK trained paediatricians
- Covers all 10 clinical exam stations - Clinical (5 stations), Communication (2 Stations), development, history and video
Course dates: 2 - 4 March 2015
Location: PSIMS, Gannavaram, Krishna District, AP State, India
For further details contact:
Phone: (0091) 9177891155 (India)
(+44) 7515017574 (UK)
We are pleased to announce the pilot and training course for the DCH (UK) Clinical Examination in India received excellent feedback. More than 35 applications for the programme were received and 32 local trainees attended. The DCH (UK) qualification demonstrates competence for doctors dealing with children and young people in their clinical practice.
The first DCH (UK) clinical examination will be held in 2015 (date tbc). The RCPCH Exams Team would like to extend our gratitude to the course organisers Dr Santosh Agrawal and Dr Rajiv Sinha.
Who is the DCH (UK) for?
- Child health trainees and specialists
- Emergency medicine
- Intensive care doctors
- Anaesthetic doctors
- Surgical specialties: Paediatric surgery, ENT
- Psychiatry doctors
Values and benefits of the DCH (UK)
- Knowledge and skills in delivery and management of common medical conditions in children/young people
- Competence in providing advocacy for children/young people as well as skills to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to provide family centered approach -by doing so, enhance delivery of care and treatment for children/young people.
Standards being measured in the DCH (UK)
- That of a doctor capable of providing safe and effective healthcare for children with competencies as described in the DCH syllabus
- The anchor statements for the clinical examination supports the standards expected
Written and clinical components of the DCH (UK)
The DCH Exam consists of the MRCPCH Foundation of Practice (FOP) theory examination and the DCH Clinical examination. The FOP exam must first be passed before candidates can sit DCH (UK) Clinical.
It is recommended that candidates should have completed a minimum of one year of paediatric training in a recognised training institution before applying.
For any queries regarding the MRCPCH examination activity in India please email Dr Deepak Ugra, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last published on 21 November 2014
Join the college
- Paediatric careers and recruitment
- Registration for training
- Postgraduate training
- Assessment and examinations
- Quality and standards
- Certification (CCT & CESR)
- Return to work
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
RCPCH Link Sites