'Working with partners in the UK and overseas to advance global child health'
If you live and work outside the UK you can still become a member of the RCPCH - more about applying for membership
On this page:
Support for members considering volunteering in West Africa during the Ebola outbreak
We have collated official information and guidance about the disease and current outbreak in Ebola crisis - resources for paediatricians. We hope this page will support your decision making and help to keep you safe.
RCPCH Global Links volunteer placements
We are recruiting for placements available across East and West Africa in 2015 - more about Global Links
RCPCH/VSO Fellowship Scheme
The scheme is looking for paediatricians who would like to spend a year in a placement in a developing country as an RCPCH/VSO Fellow, now recruiting for placements in Ethiopia - more about RCPCH/VSO Fellowship Scheme
This programme enables leading paediatricians and child health specialists from low and middle income countries the opportunity to visit clinical centres in the UK, now recruiting for 2015 - more about Visiting Fellowships
The College has received a Health Partnership Scheme grant to establish a volunteering and exchange programme between the UK and five countries across East and West Africa.
The College has received funding to roll out a modified version of the Emergency Triage Assessment and Treatment training programme in East Africa.
Child Health in Palestine
The College has been working with the Tropical Health Education Trust, MAP (Medical Aid for Palestinians) and the David Baum International Foundation to improve child health in Palestine for over a decade. More about child health in Palestine
International training opportunities
The College supports both UK doctors who want to work overseas and overseas doctors who want to come and work in the UK. More information for UK doctors who want to work overseas.
The College is now running a practical short course for paediatricians interested in global child health or who intend to work overseas.
Global Health Consultancy (GHC)
The GHC is a roster of members with expertise and interest in international child health, particularly in low resource settings.
David Baum International Foundation (DBIF)
DBIF works to improve the health of children in disadvantaged areas of the world through improving standards of education and training for child health professionals.
International Child Health Group
The International Child Health Group (ICHG) is a RCPCH special interest group. Members use their skill to improve child health internationally through research and advocacy.
RCPCH is a supporting organisation of CHILD 2015, an email forum which addresses the information and learning needs of those responsible for the care of children in developing countries. The goal of CHILD 2015 is that 'by 2015, every child worldwide will have access to an informed healthcare provider.'
All of this work is set within the framework of the College's international strategy.
- British Medical Association (BMA) - international activities
- Department for International Development (DFID)
- Department of Health (DH)
- General Medical Council (GMC) - important information for International Medical Graduates
- Global Health Learning Centre
- Global health partnerships: the UK contribution to health in developing countries Health is global - Proposals for a UK Government-wide strategy
- International Child Health Group (ICHG)
- International Paediatric Association (IPA)
- Maternal Child Advocacy International (MCAI)
- Royal Colleges' International Forum (RCIF)
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists - global network
- Royal College of Physicians
- Royal College of Surgeons
- United Nations International Childrens Emergency Fund (UNICEF)
- World Health Organization (WHO)