NNAP - news
Keep up to date with the latest news from the National Neonatal Audit Programme.
On this page:
- The 2016 National Neonatal Audit Programme Annual Report is now available!
- The 2016 NNAP/NDAU Collaborators’ Meeting
- NNAP 2016 Audit dataset questions
On behalf of the NNAP Project Board, we are delighted to inform you that the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health has now published the NNAP 2016 Annual Report on 2015 data and an update of ‘Your Baby’s Care’, the booklet for parents and carers that accompanies it.
The NNAP Project Board is grateful for all of the efforts of neonatal unit and network staff across England, Scotland and Wales who have continued to enter the crucial data which ensures that the NNAP is able to produce reports that have a strong evidence base which reflects neonatal care.
To access NNAP Online and view NNAP unit, network and national results for 2014 and 2015 please click on the link below
NNAP Online has been developed in response to consultations with the neonatal community which highlighted the desire to be able to view and compare the results of NNAP analysis in a more accessible and useful manner.
NNAP Online will allow users to:
• view an overall annual summary report for a chosen neonatal network or neonatal unit for 2015 or 2014 data
• view and compare the results for specific NNAP audit measures for different units or networks
• easily identify network and unit results via the interactive caterpillar and outlier plots
The 2016 NNAP/NDAU Collaborators' meeting took place on 18 April 2016 at the Cavendish Conference Centre in London. Over 120 people attended the event, including parents, multi-disciplinary neonatal unit staff members, neonatal network representatives and commissioners.
The event offered a great opportunity for networking and learning more about how data is being used to monitor and improve neonatal care. Please see below a short video which captures some of the reflections of attendees along with videos of the presentations delivered on the day. A copy of the programme of events for the day is also available for information.
Highlights of the 2016 NNAP/NDAU Collaborators' meeting (Video)
The project boards of both the NNAP and NDAU are grateful to everyone who took the time to attend the event and look forward to further succesful events in future years.
Presentations on the day (Video format)
- National Neonatal Audit Programme Update, Dr Sam Oddie, NNAP Clinical Lead, Consultant Neonatologist, Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Why we joined the NNAP Project Board, Ellen Hallsworth, NNAP Project Board Parent Representatives
- Why we joined the NNAP Project Board, Patrick Tully, NNAP Project Board Parent Representatives
- Using the NNRD to facilitate clinical studies, Dr Chris Gale, NIHR Clinical Trials Fellow
- National and international initiatives to improve newborn data to enhance care and develop new treatments, Professor Kate Costeloe, Emeritus Professor of Paediatrics, Homerton University Hospital, & Co-Chair of the Neonatal Data Analysis Unit (NDAU)
- The Bliss Baby Report: Hanging in the balance, Caroline Davey, Chief Executive, Bliss
- Neonatal Care in the UK – where next: How can routine data help?, Professor Neil Marlow, Professor of Neonatal Medicine, University College London & Chair of the NHS England Neonatal Critical Care Clinical Reference Group
The NNAP have updated their(PDF, 359KB)which includes an additional measurable standard for Magnesium Sulphate.
NNAP 2015 Audit dataset questions
The NNAP have updated their(PDF, 359KB)to include a new audit measure for Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia within its dataset for 2015 collection of data.
(PDF, 495 KB)
Tel: 0207 092 6170