NNAP - news
Keep up to date with the latest news from the National Neonatal Audit Programme.
On this page:
- The 2016 NNAP/NDAU Collaborators’ Meeting
- NNAP 2016 feedback survey
- NNAP 2016 Audit dataset questions
The 2016 NNAP/NDAU Collaborators' meeting took place on 18 April 2016 at the Cavendish Conference Centre in London. Over 120 people attended the event, including parents, multi-disciplinary neonatal unit staff members, neonatal network representatives and commissioners.
The event offered a great opportunity for networking and learning more about how data is being used to monitor and improve neonatal care. Please see below a short video which captures some of the reflections of attendees along with videos of the presentations delivered on the day. A copy of the programme of events for the day is also available for information.
Highlights of the 2016 NNAP/NDAU Collaborators' meeting (Video)
The project boards of both the NNAP and NDAU are grateful to everyone who took the time to attend the event and look forward to further succesful events in future years.
Presentations on the day (Video format)
- National Neonatal Audit Programme Update, Dr Sam Oddie, NNAP Clinical Lead, Consultant Neonatologist, Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Why we joined the NNAP Project Board, Ellen Hallsworth, NNAP Project Board Parent Representatives
- Why we joined the NNAP Project Board, Patrick Tully, NNAP Project Board Parent Representatives
- Using the NNRD to facilitate clinical studies, Dr Chris Gale, NIHR Clinical Trials Fellow
- National and international initiatives to improve newborn data to enhance care and develop new treatments, Professor Kate Costeloe, Emeritus Professor of Paediatrics, Homerton University Hospital, & Co-Chair of the Neonatal Data Analysis Unit (NDAU)
- The Bliss Baby Report: Hanging in the balance, Caroline Davey, Chief Executive, Bliss
- Neonatal Care in the UK – where next: How can routine data help?, Professor Neil Marlow, Professor of Neonatal Medicine, University College London & Chair of the NHS England Neonatal Critical Care Clinical Reference Group
The NNAP is continually trying to improve the way in which it presents the results of its yearly analysis of neonatal care to a wide and varied audience. The NNAP project would therefore be very grateful for any feedback on the content and format of both the 2014 Annual Report and the booklet "Your Baby's Care", which was aimed predominantly at parents and carers.
We will consider all feedback that we receive when developing this year's versions of the reports, both of which will be launched at the end of September 2016.
The survey should only take 5 minutes to complete and can be accessed below.
Thank you in advance for taking part in the survey. Your feedback is invaluable to the continued improvement of the audit.
The NNAP have updated their(PDF, 359KB) which includes an additional measurable standard for Magnesium Sulphate.
NNAP 2015 Audit dataset questions
The NNAP have updated their(PDF, 325 KB) to include a new audit measure for Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia within its dataset for 2015 collection of data.
(PDF, 495 KB)
Developing the future of the NNAP - survey results
This survey in June 2014 aimed to help the NNAP Project Board better understand the views of neonatal colleagues in England and Wales, and to develop the work of the programme in a responsive and inclusive manner.
(PDF, 992KB, 81 pages)
Tel: 0207 092 6170