About accessibility at our building
- We have an accessible entrance with ramp, which leads into reception.
- Our reception desk is lowered suitable for wheelchair use.
- We have two lifts that are compliant with tactile call buttons and an audible announcement of the level reached. The lift is 0.9 metres wide, which is suitable for most wheelchairs. Each lift can accommodate one wheelchair user at a time.
- Accessible restrooms can be found on two of our floors (ground and 5th floor).
- Each floor has at least one automatic door opener. This is activated either by an access pass for staff members (floors 1-4) or a push pad for visitors (basement and floors 5 and 6).
- Each access door is at least 0.8 metres wide and 2.1 meters high.
- There is a fixed hearing loop available in the Council Chamber.
For emergency evacuations
All of our above-ground floors (1-6) have an evacuation chair, which is in the refuge area. The basement has a stair climber and an intercom linked to the reception desk, both located in the refuge area.
We have a Pro Move sling for those unable to self-transfer into the evacuation chair.
All of our fire wardens and officers are trained to operate this equipment.
We have a general emergency evacuation plan (GEEP) available - to request, please contact us on email@example.com.
If you think you need a personal emergency evacuation plan (PEEP), please contact us on 020 7092 6021 /6027 or email firstname.lastname@example.org before you arrive.