1. Definition of terms
“Course Materials” means the information provided by the RCPCH to accompany a course provided as part of the Services in hard copy or electronic form.
Fees” means the fees paid by you to the RCPCH for the Services.
“Intellectual Property Rights” means copyright, rights in or relating to databases, patent rights, performers’ rights, designs and registered designs, trademarks, rights in or relating to Confidential Information and other intellectual property rights (registered or unregistered) throughout the world.
“Online Course” means the delivery by us of an online course pursuant to which you learn course materials remotely.
“Services” means the provision of the Online Course and/or the Taught Course and/or the Course Materials together with such other services as agreed from time to time and purchased by you through the Website or by telephone.
“Taught Course” means a course taught by us in a classroom setting to which you attend in person.
“Website” means www.rcpch.ac.uk and www.rcpch.learningpool.com.
“you” means the individual purchasing the Services.
2. Intellectual property rights
2.1. All Intellectual Property Rights in the Course Materials, Online Courses and the speeches made by the faculty at the Taught Courses are, and remain, the intellectual property of RCPCH.
2.2. You are not authorised to:
- copy, modify, reproduce, re-publish, sub-licence, sell, upload, broadcast, post, transmit or distribute any of the Course Materials without prior written permission;
- record on video or audio tape, relay by videophone or other means the Online Course or Taught Course given;
- use the Course Materials in the provision of any other course or training whether given by us or any third party faculty;
- remove any copyright or other notice of RCPCH on the Course Materials;
- modify, adapt, merge, translate or disassemble any software forming part of the Online Courses.
Breach by you of this clause 2.2 shall allow us to immediately terminate these terms and conditions with you and cease to provide you with any Services, including but not limited to access to the Online Courses.
2.3. In consideration of the Fees paid by you, we grant to you a limited, non-transferable, non-exclusive licence to use the Course Materials and the software in respect of the Online Course for the sole purpose of completing the Online Course and/or attending the Taught Course.