It consists of expert-led lectures and workshops, then a series of observed practical sessions on day 2. Delegates also get access to about recorded lectures (about 4 hours) on key topic areas as part of their pre-course activities.
You must attend both course dates: Thursday 30 November: 09:30-17:15 GMT and Friday 1 December: 09:00-16:30 GMT.
5-11 Theobalds Road
- RCPCH members: Trainees and SAS doctors – £475 (Specialty (ST5-7) trainees only)
- RCPCH members: Consultants – £530
- Non-RCPCH members – £695
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Recognise and accurately describe findings associated with child sexual assault
- Take high quality forensic samples from children and young people that can be used in police investigations
- Recognise organic conditions which may be found incidentally or which may present as possible child sexual abuse and other injuries
- Appropriately screen for STIs, risk of pregnancy and risk of Hep B and HIV, and initiate appropriate treatment
- Write high-quality evidence-based statements
- Consultant paediatricians and experienced doctors currently working with children who have experienced suspected sexual assault, or
- intending to work to join a CSARC rota (a supporting letter from your line manager will be required)
[The course] reassured me that my practice was safe, I knew my stuff and knew where to look for the things I don't use often.
How to register
We want to ensure that the course is available to those with the appropriate experience. So if you are interested in booking a place, email us firstname.lastname@example.org with your responses to:
- How many CSA examinations have you undertaken?
- How many professional witness reports have you written?
- How many times have you been to court?
- When was the last time you have seen a patient for a CSA examination?
Where applicable, include a supporting letter from your line manager.
When arranging study leave for this two-day course, consider also the time required for viewing the pre-course lectures (about 4 hours).
I thoroughly enjoyed the course and was actually quite sad it came to an end. The knowledge of the speakers was amazing, and I could have sat and listened all day - brilliant course. The practical side and assessment were well organised.
- Target audience only
- Prior viewing of pre-recorded online lectures via the College’s RCPCH Learning online platform (about 4 hours)