Face-to-face exams with patients
From 1 January 2023, all UK and Overseas exam centres will be running face-to-face exams with patients in the four short clinical stations, a scenario based development station, and history, communication and video remaining the same.
Webinars and online resources
- Development MOCK station video - this is a video recorded in MS Teams that shows what the Development station is like with a scenario rather than a patient. It was recorded in April 2021.
Additionally, the College has a Get Ready Exams webpage that brings together the various resources from around the College that can help candidates prepare for their exams.
Frequently asked questions
You can view our FAQs
If you have questions not covered by this document, please email to email@example.com.
Understanding the face-to-face patient based exam
- Changes to the exam
- Passmark (on the Your Exam Results page)
- Domains by station - marks chart
- Circuit map showing all stations
Preparation resources for face-to-face patient based exam
- Describing developmental assessments and understanding cues
- Clinical exam technique
- Candidate guide
- Station descriptions, flow charts and timings
- Anchor statements (all)
- Anchor statements (by station type)
- Development kit (photo)
- Development kit (item list)