The RCPCH is pleased to offer this course at a reduced, introductory rate. Please note the fees may be subject to change.
RCPCH Member: Consultants - £95
RCPCH Member: Trainees and SAS doctors - £85
Allied Health Professionals and Nurses - £85
Non-RCPCH Members - £125
This one-day course, hosted on Zoom, will provide you with practical and up-to-date guidance on managing the common gastrointestinal (GI) problems encountered in paediatrics.
We’ll cover chronic diarrhoea, functional GI disorders, difficult constipation and liver function tests. We’ll also explore whether probiotics have a role in GI disease and provide strategies for how to effectively support a young person with an eating disorder.
The expert faculty are consultants from across the UK with considerable expertise in this area of care, including Sheffield Children’s Hospital, Birmingham Children's Hospital, Leeds General Infirmary and King’s College Hospital, London.
Knowledgeable speakers, good range of topics with very useful and practical tips.
This online study day will help delegates develop an approach for the management of common GI presentations.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Develop a clinical approach for the investigation and management of chronic diarrhoea
- Describe the role of probiotics in GI disease
- Develop an approach for managing functional GI disorders
- Investigate and manage a patient with abnormal liver function tests
- Manage difficult constipation
- Recognise a young person with an eating disorder and understand the principles of management.
- Paediatric trainees
- SAS doctors
- Nurses and allied health professionals with an interest in gastroenterology.
Important take home messages provided from every talk, which will help with day-to-day management of these cases.
To participate in this online course, you will need access to:
- Windows or Mac Computer (laptop/desktop or tablet)
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE). Minimum bandwidth is 600kbps (up/down) and recommended is 1.5 Mbps (up/down)
- Microphone and speaker - either using the built-in microphone/speaker or a headset connected to your laptop/desktop or tablet
- Webcam - either using the built-in webcam or separate webcam connected to your laptop/desktop or tablet.
Please note you will be required to download Zoom in order to participate fully in this course.
This course is fully booked