About and requirements
Junior membership is for UK doctors in specialty paediatric training before completing the MRCPCH exams.
Registration for training gives you access to our online tool RCPCH ePortfolio, which records your progression through specialty training. We ensure that your training is under regular review, monitor the outcomes of your Annual Review of Competence Progression (ARCP) and support you when required.
- If you are a paediatric trainee in a GMC-approved run-through training post and are preparing for the MRCPCH examinations, you are required to apply for junior membership and register for training.
- If you are a paediatric trainee in an FTSTA (fixed term specialty training appointment) or a LAT (locum appointed for training) post, you are encouraged to apply for membership and register for training. RCPCH ePortfolio is useful to record your progression, especially if you are considering applying to specialty training in the future.
You can apply for membership and register for training through a single online form.
Membership subscriptions 2021
You are required to pay both membership subscriptions and training fees. These are collected together when a monthly Direct Debit is set up.
If you join on any date after 1 January, you will pay a pro rata amount.
|Training fee||Monthly payment (via Direct Debit)|
|Junior membership, with Archives of Disease in Childhood||£205||£120||£27.08|
|Junior membership (less than full time)||£105||£72||£14.75|
Your membership subscription and training fee are collected together. See information about training fees. I you have any queries about training fees, please email email@example.com or call us on 020 7092 6154.
- Quarterly newsletter
- Listing on online members' directory
- Option to receive regular email news bulletins
- Use of the members’ room in RCPCH London office
- Trainee representation – having a voice at the College through the Trainees' Committee
- Reduced fees for the RCPCH Conference and other courses and events
- Optional subscription to the College journal, Archives of Disease in Childhood, at a special reduced rate of £100
- Full access to the Child Protection Portal, including the Companion and other resources
- TOTUM PRO eligibility
Junior members are admitted on a monthly basis. Applications received by the 8th of each month will be considered for commencement of Junior membership from the 1st of the following month.
Please ensure you read the Membership bye-laws and regulations before applying.
Download the RCPCH Junior Membership leaflet below.