The RCPCH is pleased to offer this course at a reduced rate. Please note the fees may be subject to change.
RCPCH member - Trainee: £100
RCPCH member - Consultant: £130
Non-RCPCH member: £160
Paediatric sepsis is still the most common cause of avoidable death in children. NICE and current evidence recommends delivering a sepsis bundle of care in sixty minutes. Could you do this in practice?
This essential course will take you through the practical aspects of the recognition and management of sepsis, including the use of fluids, antibiotics and inotropes. Using real life examples we will discuss cases of sepsis in children with complex health conditions and immune-compromise. Your learning will be embedded by taking part in simulated sepsis scenarios.
This highly-regarded online course will provide you with the confidence and practical skills to effectively manage sepsis and prescribe in acute scenarios.
The course is led by Dr Emma Lim, The Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
Excellent and knowledgeable speakers. One of the most useful and enjoyable study days I have ever attended!
This online study day will enable you to recognise and manage life-threatening paediatric sepsis.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the early signs of sepsis
- Appraise parents’ assessment of their children
- Explain which is the most appropriate antibiotic to choose
- Discuss current issues in fluid resuscitation
- Estimate which inotrope to use, when and how much
- Compare differences in children with complex health conditions
- Differentiate between orders of immunodeficiency
- Analyse appropriate management strategies in these cases.
- Practise and assess your knowledge and skills through sepsis simulation scenarios.
Passionate and engaging speakers and a fantastic study day.
Paediatric Trainees, SAS doctors, Consultant Paediatricians and AHPs working in acute paediatrics.
To participate in this online course, you will need access to:
- Windows or Mac Computer (laptop/desktop or tablet)
- An internet connection
- Microphone and speaker - either using the built-in microphone/speaker or a headset connected to your laptop/desktop or tablet
- Webcam - either using a built-in webcam or a separate webcam connected to your laptop/desktop or tablet.