The course is now fully booked. If you are interested in a place on the waiting list, please email us at email@example.com and state the title and date of the course.
The RCPCH is pleased to offer this course at a reduced, introductory rate. Please note the fees may be subject to change.
RCPCH Member: Consultants - £95
RCPCH Member: Trainees and SAS doctors - £85
Allied Health Professionals and Nurses - £85
Non-RCPCH Members - £125
Paediatric sepsis is still the most common cause of avoidable death in children. NICE and current evidence recommends delivering a sepsis bundle of care in sixty minutes. Could you do this in practice?
This essential course will take you through the practical aspects of the recognition and management of sepsis, including the use of fluids, antibiotics and inotropes. Using real life examples we will discuss cases of sepsis in children with complex health conditions and immune-compromise. Your learning will be embedded by taking part in simulated sepsis scenarios.
This highly-regarded online course will provide you with the confidence and practical skills to effectively manage sepsis and prescribe in acute scenarios. The course is jointly led by Dr Emma Lim, The Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and Dr Emily Chesshyre, Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust paediatric and simulation teams.
This online study day will enable you to recognise and manage life-threatening paediatric sepsis.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the early signs of sepsis
- Appraise parents’ assessment of their children
- Explain which is the most appropriate antibiotic to choose
- Discuss current issues in fluid resuscitation
- Estimate which inotrope to use, when and how much
- Compare differences in children with complex health conditions
- Differentiate between orders of immunodeficiency
- Analyse appropriate management strategies in these cases
- Assess your knowledge and skills through sepsis simulation scenarios.
- Paediatric trainees
- SAS doctors
- Consultant paediatricians
- AHPs working in acute paediatrics.
Excellent and knowledgeable speakers. One of the most useful and enjoyable study days I have ever attended!
To participate in this online course, you will need access to:
- Windows or Mac Computer (laptop/desktop or tablet)
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE). Minimum bandwidth is 600kbps (up/down) and recommended is 1.5 Mbps (up/down)
- Microphone and speaker - either using the built-in microphone/speaker or a headset connected to your laptop/desktop or tablet
- Webcam - either using the built-in webcam or separate webcam connected to your laptop/desktop or tablet.
Please note you will be required to download Zoom in order to participate fully in this course.
This course is fully booked