Brings together research leads from the paediatric specialty groups and National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) clinical study groups to support the RCPCH in increasing, strengthening and delivering child health research.
The Committee was established in 2016, with all research leads from the paediatric specialty groups and NIHR clinical study groups invited to join. The Committee provides advice to the RCPCH on ways to support the delivery of improved health outcomes for children and young people through increasing and strengthening research in child health. Through this mechanism, the committee contributes to and advises on the RCPCH research agenda.
The aims of the Research Consultation Committee are to:
- build the evidence base for increased UK investment in science and research and surveillance
- promote and enable stronger evidence-based education for all those involved in child health
- build research capacity at undergraduate and postgraduate levels
- actively engage children, young people and their families actively in research.
For more information about the Research Consultation Committee please get in touch:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 020 7092 6081