Committee members - sign in to see all content
The Medicines Committee is a unique collaborative standing committee with membership split between the RCPCH and Neonatal and Paediatric Pharmacists Group (NPPG).
The Committee's key work areas are:
- British National Formulary For Children (BNFC) - Input into policy issues and supporting the production of future editions. BNFC information is available to most RCPCH members via Paediatric Care Online (PCO UK).
- Consultation - Respond to consultation documents from the Government and outside agencies, including the National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE)
- Lobbying - Advise and support external agencies and parental bodies about licensing, availability, use and surveillance of medicines in paediatric populations, including medicines used outside of the license, newly licensed products, unlicensed medicines for rare conditions and adverse reactions to medicines
- Medicines for Children information for parents and carers - Provide practical and reliable information, with leaflets covering more than 100 medicines, instructional films on giving medicines to children and latest news
- Medicines for Children Research Network (MCRN) - Support research opportunities and implications for practice to improve the coordination, speed and quality of randomised controlled trials and other well-designed studies of medicines for children and young people; the MCRN is one of six research networks managed by the UK Clinical Research Network (UKCRN)
- Education and training resources
For more information about the Medicines Committee please email: email@example.com