This free webinar, presented on 29 June 2021, was convened to support paediatricians and other child health professionals with managing bronchiolitis and other respiratory viruses this year. We looked at how to manage patient flow, ‘keeping patients safe and pathways open’, covered recognition, management and discharge, and signposted to resources for parents.
Select the blue buttons or Chapters button on the video's playbar to jump to a presentation.
- Welcome from the Chair, Simon Clark, RCPCH VP Health Policy
- Signals from health surveillance, Nick Gent, Senior Medical Adviser Public Health England
- National response to planning for rise in RSV, Matthew Clark, National Speciality Advisor for Children and Young People at NHS England
- Infection prevention and control, Sam Matthews, IPC Clinical Lead NHS England and Sanjay Patel, lead author of RCPCH bronchiolitis guidance and paediatric infectious diseases and immunology consultant Southampton Children's Hospital
- Urgent and emergency care perspectives, Ian Maconochie, Consultant in Paediatric Emergency Medicine, St Mary’s Hospital
- Clinical management and discharge, Steve Cunningham, Consultant in Paediatric Respiratory Medicine, Children’s Hospital in Edinburgh