More than 190 health professionals and patient organisation representatives from across England, Scotland, Wales and the Isle of Man came together for the inaugural NNAP virtual update event. This was our highest turnout for any NNAP event!
Our shared aim was to learn from each other and improve the care of preterm neonates up to the age of two.
The virtual update event was chaired by Professor Nick Bishop, Vice President for Science and Research, RCPCH.
One of the objectives was to share the findings from the 2020 NNAP annual report on 2019 data. This was achieved through the NNAP Clinical Lead, Dr Sam Oddie introducing and sharing the newly published data and findings with the attendees.
Additionally, there were presentations on 'The Perinatal Optimisation Pathway featuring the Antenatal Optimisation toolkit' by Dr Julie-Clare Becher, Quality Lead at the British Association of Perinatal Medicine (BAPM), a further presentation on 'The Future of the NNAP' by Dr Sam Oddie and a Q&A session You can view the slides of these two presentations below
Presentations from the day
If you would like, you can watch a recording of the full virtual event.
Or, you can watch a specific presentation/element in these videos:
- Welcome and introductions - Professor Nick Bishop, Vice President for Science and Research, RCPCH.
- Latest findings from the NNAP Annual Report - Dr Sam Oddie, NNAP Clinical Lead
- The perinatal optimisation pathway featuring the antenatal optimisation toolkit - Dr Julie-Clare Becher, Quality Lead, BAPM
- The future of the NNAP - Dr Sam Oddie, NNAP Clinical Lead
- Q&A session - all presenters
What would you like to see at future NNAP events?
Please email the team with suggestions for topics you would like discussed at future NNAP events, using the email: firstname.lastname@example.org