RCPCH membership includes access to PCO UK. We offer individual subscriptions to other health, legal and social work professionals, as well as institutional licenses.
PCO UK provides immediate access to clinically assured information to inform decisions at the point of care, together with supporting reference material and patient information.
The powerful search function offers quick access to critical information using the latest semantic search technology.
PCO UK includes Key Practice Points (KPPs), decision support tools that cover common signs and symptoms and critical care situations. Concise and easy-to-use, KPPs are designed to assist healthcare professionals with diagnosis and treatment management at point of care. From abdominal distension to wheezing they offer clinically assured advice on 'red flag' signs and symptoms and referral pathways, incorporating National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) and Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network (SIGN) guidance where available.
PCO UK was developed by a partnership group, hosted by the RCPCH and initially funded by the Department of Health. Partners include the Royal College of General Practitioners, the Royal Pharmaceutical Society, the Royal College of Nursing, the Institute of Health Visiting and the American Academy of Pediatrics.
Packed with top resources
- Over 100 Key Practice Point decision support tools covering the common signs and symptoms and critical care situations
- Public Health England's "Green Book" Immunisation against infectious disease in a fully indexed and searchable format
- The British National Formulary for Children (BNFc) covering the prescribing, dispensing, monitoring and administration of medicines to children. (UK only)
- The RCPCH Child Protection Companion (CPC) covering all forms of abuse and the spectrum of paediatric involvement: from examination, to identification, to referral, to court
- Searchable by paediatric conditions and keywords, the Guideline Directory contains quick links to national clinical guidelines
- Links to patient and carer information and resources accredited by the Information Standard
- Links to resources and e-learning content for child health professionals to support and enhance their paediatric knowledge and practice
- Access to the US-based AAP Text Book of Pediatric Care with more than 3,000 pages of content and images
For RCPCH members
Most RCPCH members have access to PCO UK as part of their annual membership subscription. To get started, you simply need to activate your account.
- Sign in to your RCPCH account
- Go to Account, and to the PCO UK panel
- Read and accept the PCO UK terms and conditions
- Then you will see the PCO UK website - in top right, select Sign In
For other health professionals based in the UK (including RCPCH student members and Honorary Fellows)
If you are a healthcare professional, social worker, legal professional who works in child health or a medical student, and have primary residence in the UK, you may subscribe to PCO UK. Or, you may apply for associate or affiliate RCPCH membership, which includes access to PCO UK.
RCPCH student members and Honorary Fellows are not eligible for access to PCO UK as part of their membership.
Your subscription starts on the date you subscribe and lasts for 12 months, with an option to renew each year. It is for one person only, and is non-refundable and non-exchangeable.
To purchase your subscription follow the steps below.
- Register for an RCPCH account, or sign in
- Go to My account and to the Paediatric Care Online panel, select Subscribe
- Complete our short form. You'll need to confirm your professional qualification with your GMC (General Medical Council) number or an image of your qualification
- Pay online with a UK debit card or credit card (make sure you are using a modern web browser)
For other health professionals based outside the UK
Due to licencing restrictions, PCO UK is not available to those based outside the UK except to RCPCH members.
To start using PCO UK, you can join as a member of the RCPCH where you will also have access to whole range of other exclusive benefits.
Institutional licences for UK-based organisations
We will be happy to discuss options for your organisation - please contact us.
For enquiries, please contact the PCO UK team on email@example.com.